Wednesday, October 9, 2013

10 Things I have Learned in the Past Year

  In the past year, I have changed dramatically. I believe I have changed for the better. I have started to realize that soon it will be time to go into adult mode, so I need to start growing up. So, here are ten things that I have learned this past year.

1. Passive aggressive Facebook statuses or posts are a sign of immaturity. We all have our moments where we would like to get on Facebook and post about someone without using their name to show our frustration, but it is not worth it. When I see these posts, it makes me look at the person who posted in a negative way, which is why I stopped posting things like this.

2. There are so many opportunities to minister to others that do not have to involve physically being somewhere. The internet can be used for good or evil, but I believe God has given me the ability to minister to others through things like this blog, Facebook, etc.

3. The way that you carry yourself and act affects your beauty big time, whether it be good or bad. If you carry yourself in a slouchy way with a no care attitude, it is much less attractive. Just showing that you take time to look nice and present yourself like a lady is what makes you beautiful.

4.No matter how young you are, there are people who look up to you. I recently noticed that girls at church who are younger than me actually look up to me! This makes me want to be a better example.

5. Never take your time with your friends for granted, because soon you will be going in separate directions. This isn't a bad thing if it is where the Lord leads you, but make the most of your friendships!

6. Being able to help people is one of the most rewarding feelings ever. You never know how much of a blessing you may be to someone by just helping them with the smallest things!

7. Being single means that the Lord knows you are not ready for commitment right now, and he wants you to grow closer to him. I get asked all the time by adults, "Do you have a boyfriend?" Followed by the question,"Well why not? I am sure you could have one if you wanted to." My answer is that the Lord has not shown me anyone that I am suppose to be with right now, which is fine! I am pretty busy anyway, so I don't know how I would even find time to hang out with anyone else!!

8. College decisions are so hard. There is so much going through my mind when it comes to making that decision, and I just don't know how I am going to commit to a college. I will definitely need guidance and I am so glad I can depend on God to show me where I need to go and open all the right doors.

9. God uses trials to make us stronger. I have been through things that I just can't understand. For instance, I can't understand why God allowed my dad to lose his sight 7 years ago. I often think about the day I get married and it makes me sad that my dad won't be able to see me all dressed up, but I know that this made us stronger as a family. If this hadn't happened, I don't know where my family would be. God used this to get us back in church. We often wonder what it would have taken to open our eyes next if this hadn't happened.

10. Sometimes, your friends will hurt your feelings even if they do not mean to or know that they did. When this happens, you have to decide if it is even worth telling them. My feelings have been hurt recently a couple times, and I decided it's not even worth talking about. Sometimes it is better to just let things go. Especially if that person is a great friend. It is hard to find those these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment