Friday, October 18, 2013

I'm really graduating?!

I have been thinking a lot lately about how crazy it is that I am in the final stretch of high school. This is the last year I will be considered a high school student! That is crazy. I remember being in AWANAS at church with all my buddies like it was yesterday! This has definitely made me realize that time goes by way too fast and I need to appreciate all the times I have with my friends and family right now because soon I may be taking a different path and won't see them as often.

As far as college goes, I haven't really made any type of decision. What I do know is that once I am done with high school I am going to look for a job. Since I am graduating a year early I am going to save up for a year before I start college because college is expensive!

Here is why I am torn, we have the opportunity to take college classes at my church from Virginia Baptist. So if I chose that I could stay at home, keep working and saving up, teach sunday school at church and keep being involved with all my other ministries. So that is a lot that I would have to give up if I leave. However, I would really like to go into journalism and be a christian journalist, but they do not have journalism at VBC. Virginia baptist only offers majors in ministry. There is nothing wrong with that, but I would love to be a journalist and use that as a ministry. So I am so torn.

Right now I am still seeking God's direction. I am waiting for that "Aha!" moment where it is evident where I should go. I know I still have time to decide but if I start thinking about it it gets me stressed! So anyway, I know most people probably don't care about my college decision but blogging helps me get things off my chest, and I needed that today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment